Community Outreach is a starting point for information and support; to get appropriate referrals to relevant services, gather information to make choices, complete applications or explore options.
The Outreach Worker is available for appointments in Ucluelet and Tofino, and in other communities by arrangement. A volunteer tax service is available. Lower income individuals can get free assistance in completing forms for current and prior years.
Finding the appropriate government office or service can be a challenge, then you have to make contact and get effective service…
The Outreach program always offers support in a caring and confidential manner.
The worker assists with accessing government applications, forms and information on the internet or on the phone.
The worker assists in accessing government services by navigating phone menus and dealing with call centres unfamiliar with our rural setting.
The worker assists in brainstorming and weighing options when decisions and choices become overwhelming
The Community Outreach Program provides:
- Information – to help decide your next steps and how to fill out forms, including tax forms
- Advocacy – knowledge of your legal and human rights; how to negotiate the “system”, and help to state your case
- Referrals – find the best service for your situation, who else can assist
- Support – when you need support, help in understanding or determining your next steps or knowing what to expect
- Phone, Fax & Internet – education and confidential access
- Appointment Support – worker can attend medical, Ministry or legal appointments to provide support and help in understanding info
- Free Tax Assistance – for current and prior years for qualified individuals
- FREE LUNCH WEEKLY ON THURSDAYS 12-1pm at The Hub in Ucluelet