Please review our COVID-19 Safety Plan before visiting our offices or attending an appointment.
How WCRS is Adapting
Westcoast Community Resources Society is participating in the community effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. We have adapted our services and programs so they can be offered in a COVID secure way.
Our offices in Ucluelet and Tofino will be closed, except for our weekly drop-in hours as follows:
- Tofino: Every Tuesday from 11am-1pm at 110 Second Street (alley entrance)
- Ucluelet: Every Wednesday and Thursday from 11am-1pm at the Hub in the Ucluelet Community Centre, 500 Matterson Drive
Our staff are meeting with clients remotely online or by appointment. For more information, or to make an appointment, please call 250-726-2343.
The Transition House
The Transition House remains open and available to women in need. COVID-19 protocols are in place to keep clients and staff staff.
The weekly Community Lunch offered by our Community Outreach Program is suspended until further notice. We can get some hot soup to you if you let us know you’d like some. Toni, our Community Outreach Worker can be reached by calling 250-726-6513.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
Please read our COVID-19 Safety plan if you are meeting our staff for an appointment, or if you plan to attend a drop-in at one of our offices.
- Our office doors will be locked during opening hours. If you are attending for an appointment, please wait outside the office for a member of staff to greet you and let you in.
- Please wash your hands immediately in the public use washroom or use the hand sanitizer provided in the waiting area.
- Maintain 2-metre physical distancing at all times.
- Masks must be worn at all times. We can provide you with a mask if you do not have one or have forgotten to bring one.
- Please do not attend your appointment if you are feeling physically unwell. We can easily reschedule your appointment or arrange to meet you over the phone or online.
- Please do not visit our offices or attend an appointment if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test.
The health and safety of everyone who uses our offices is our priority. You may be asked to leave if you do not follow these guidelines, although we will always try and find an alternative way for you to access our services and programs.
Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other illnesses such as flu or the common cold. Symptoms can range from mild to severe, and can worsen in a few days. The main symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Difficulty breathing
Other symptoms may include:
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme fatigue or tiredness
- Body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have been tested, you should self-isolate while you wait for your test results.