Nature of Position:
We are currently seeking female workers for our casual pool to cover for absences. As a Transition House Worker, you will be responsible for providing support, advocacy, information, activities and referrals for Transition house resident women and their children. You will participate as a team member to ensure safe, healthy, and cohesive transition house operations and facility. This position requires union membership. Shifts are 12.5 hours or 6.5 hours and offered to casual staff every two weeks. The number of shifts available vary depending on full-time staff absences and there is no obligation to accept shifts.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A combination of education and experience in a related human/social service field.
- Understanding of feminist analysis and the dynamics and causes of violence against women in relationships.
- Ability to work alone for extended period of time.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills dealing with people in crisis and of different backgrounds.
- Familiarity with West Coast communities.
- Foster team participation and contribute to the goals and activities of the Westcoast Community Resources Society as well as the Transition House program.
- Awareness of and willingness to work on personal issues and triggers as they arise.
- A moderate level of physical fitness is required to fulfill the expectations of this position.
- Full class 5 BC Drivers License.
- Successful criminal record check.
Have or be willing to take courses in:
- Level 1 first aid with CPR
- Food safe certification
- Non-Violent crisis intervention training and/or mental health first aid training
- Domestic Violence Safety Planning
- 2SLGTBQI+ Awareness training
Wage or Salary Range: $27.29/hour
Hours per week: Casual
Application to: Jill McQuaid 250-726-2939 or email email@example.com