Permanent Part-Time PEACE Counsellor
Please check back regularly for employment opportunities with the Westcoast Community Resources Society.
Nature of Position: The PEACE Counsellor provides community-based support programs for children between the ages of three and eighteen who have witnessed abuse, particularly of their mother by her spouse or partner, aimed at breaking the cycle of violence.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A diploma or degree in social work, child & youth care, or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one years’ previous work in a counselling/therapeutic field is required.
- Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related provincial and community support systems is preferred.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Full & valid BC Driver’s License, own vehicle in good working condition and appropriate insurance.
- Knowledge of current legislation that affects clients’ rights.
- The ability to work autonomously and collectively in a variety of environments.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Proficient counselling skills.
- Awareness of inherent power imbalances in our society.
- Ability to promote understanding and skill development to end the cycle of violence.
- Successful criminal record check
- Level 1 first aid with CPR
- Non-Violent crisis intervention training and/or mental health first aid training
The position is open to applicants of all genders.
Wage or Salary Range: Paraprofessional Grid level 13 – Children Who Witness Abuse Counsellor $36.10/hr
Location: Ucluelet, Tofino & area
Hours per week: 25.5
Closing Date: June 2, 2023
Start Date: as soon as possible
Application to: Executive Director
Westcoast Community Resources Society
by Fax: 250.726.2353