Westcoast Transition House
Westcoast Transition House is a temporary emergency shelter
run by women, for women and their children who are
fleeing violence and abuse.
The Transition House provides:
- Safe emergency shelter
- A safe and confidential home to talk, explore and discover options towards obtaining a healthy and safe life for you and your children
- Information and advocacy
- Housing support
- Meals, emergency clothing and hygiene items
- Referrals to community agencies or resources
24 Hour Support Line
Our 24-hour support line provides information and referrals
to other resources, both within WCRS and to other
agencies outside of the Society.
Type of Stays Available
- Stay for women (and children) feeling violence
- Respite Stay for women needing a break from their current situation
- Interim Short Term Stay for women in-between housing situations
- Supported Bed Recovery Program for referrals made through a Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
If you are unable to access the Transition House for any reason, our staff can still provide you with phone support, referrals, safety planning and information. Please call our 24-hour support line at 250-726-2020.
Our staff are always available to assist
women looking for a place of safety.
For more information on our Transition House programs,
you may reach the program coordinator directly at