Westcoast Transition House
Westcoast Transition House is a temporary emergency shelter run by women, for women and their children who are fleeing violence and abuse.
The Transition House provides:
- Safe emergency shelter
- A safe and confidential home to talk, explore and discover options towards obtaining a healthy and safe life for you and your children
- Information and advocacy
- Housing support
- Meals, emergency clothing and hygiene items
- Referrals to community agencies or resources
Type of Stays at the Transition House
- Stay for women (and children) feeling violence
- Respite Stay for women needing a break from their current situation
- Interim Short Term Stay for women in-between housing situations
- Supported Bed Recovery Program for referrals made through a Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
If you are unable to access the Transition House for any reason, our staff can still provide you with phone support, referrals, safety planning and information. Please call our 24-hour support line at 250-726-2020.
24-Hour Support Line
Our 24-hour support line provides information and referrals to other resources, both within WCRS and to other agencies outside of the Society.
Call the 24-hour support line: 250-726-2020
Contact the Westcoast Transition House
Our staff are always available to assist women looking for a place of safety.